At Oklahoma Eye Institute, we have implemented changes to protect our patients, employees and doctors from the spread of Covid 19. Changes include:
- Patients are asked a series of questions including travel in the last 2 week.
- Masks are required in our Altus and Lawton offices. Masks are highly encouraged in our Elk City location. OEI employees will wear masks during patient encounters.
- Patients are allowed only one guest during their visit. All other guests will be asked to wait in their cars.
- Many waiting room chairs have been removed to practice social distancing. In addition, if we reach a maximum number of patients/guests waiting, patients are asked to wait in car until called to enter building.
- Any patient that has been ill in the last 14 days will be asked to reschedule.
- Refreshment items and magazines have been removed from waiting rooms.
- Equipment, chairs and surfaces are disinfected before and after a patients exam.